Thursday, September 4, 2008

Mom's Papers



So As I wrote in an earlier post, my Mom has picked up her paintbrush where she had left it.

This has led her to numerous Art shows, commissioned paintings and now the front cover of Dans Paper! (www.danshamptons.com)

My Friend Kelly Merritt who I met in one of my many Art classes Senior year at Bellport Highschool is the Art Director over at Dans. Kelly saw one of my mom's paintings and wanted to see more for the possibility of being in the Paper. The Painting she chose is in my hometown of Bellport Village. It is what used to be called the Chowder House and Is now called Porters.

All I can think about when seeing that place is being one of the first bands to play there. We played a 45 minute set to a bunch of our Highschool Teachers and got 3 noise complaints not too shabby.

The Paper is a weekly community newspaper for Long Island/Hamptons residents. More than 57,000 copies are distributed to the Hamptons,Shelter Island,Montauk, the North Fork,Port Jefferson,Stony Brook,Setauket and select neighborhoods in Manhattan and it is published every Friday.

The Paper is officially out Tomorrow September 5th. Congrats Mommalooch!

Checkout more of her work on her Website www.JeanneSalucciArt.com

No comments: